Pages

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Treat Birdhouse

Happy Wednesday from Roxie!  My daughter found the pattern for this little birdhouse on Pinterest and asked if I could make a couple for her daughter's pre-school teachers for Valentine's Day, I did and just because they're so cute I wanted one for myself for any occasion!
It's very easy to create but the pattern didn't have the roof pieces large enough for the house so after assembling the body I measured and made mine 1/2" wider and longer than the house top which actually ended up being a square cut.
The original post/pattern has been replaced with a purse pattern so I linked my Pinterest page here.  This house was enlarged about 3/4" inch.

Here is the open view.

Images: SweetStamps - Country Grass - discontinued, Always On My Mind

Paper: Recollections heavy weight white cardstock, The Paper Company - purple

Ink: Memento - Tuxedo Black, VersaMark for heat embossing

Accessories: Aleene's tacky glue for assembling, Offray ribbon, Chameleon Pens for coloring

Tools: Perfect Paper Crafting - Perfect Cutting Mat, Perfect Ruler and metal ball stylus for scoring, Xacto knife, cutting scissors, 1/4" circle punch, Spellbinder circle die, Memory Box bird die, eBosser die cut machine


5 comments:

Denise said...

Roxie, this is wonderful!! How clever are you!! It is amazing!!!
xo

Donna K said...

oh how cute!!! love this little birdhouse box, Roxie!

~ Kendra ~ said...

How awesome is this?!?! AMAZING!!

Sandy Fredrick said...

What a cute birdhouse, I love the stenciled roof and the way opens up to hold some Sweet treats.

Shelly Schmidt said...

How fun is this! I love this darling treat holder, your stamps and the stenciled roof!