Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Christmas is Coming....

Happy Thursday everyone. Teresa here and,  as much as it freaks me out to remind you, there are only 111 days until Christmas. I know that sounds like PLENTY of time. But I know myself quite well and I don't want to be scurrying around at the last minute AGAIN - trying to put a personal touch on my gifts. 

So today we are making a gift tag. 


Let's gather our materials.

From Globecraft and Piccolo

Embossing Enamel Adhesive
Glastique Gloss
Aged White Embossing Powder
Micro White Embossing Powder
Pure Platinum Embossing Powder
Bahama Aqua Embossing Powder
Siam Silver Embossing Powder
Clear Ultra Thick Embossing Powder
Fancy Labels and Roses Piccolo Set
Bejeweled Snowflake Piccolo Set

And from our sister company, SweetStamps

Snowflower Art Stencil  (the art stencils are a new release item for SweetStamps and they are wonderful)

You will also need
- self adhesive glitter dots (you can also use the Glastique and fine glitter)
- a large tag base
- a light blue color spray
- Ribbon for the hanger

Now let's get started.

First - spritz the tag with the light blue color spray - giving that pale blue back ground to work with. I dry mine with the heat gun.

Now for the stencil back ground.
     Lay the tag flat and center your stencil over the tag.
     I wanted a "hint" of snowflakes in the background so I lightly sponged on the Enamel Adhesive through
     the stencil. Keeping in mind my final layout, I applied the adhesive more heavily in some areas.

 

Emboss the tag with the Aged White Powder --- this powder has a lot of glittery sparkle. A wonderful wintry feel is emerging. Set your tag base aside.


I then embossed the rectangular label from the Fancy Labels set. I used the Bahama Aqua on the center of the medallion and the Siam Silver as a "frame" around it. I embossed one of the large snowflakes with the Micro White Powder and the smaller on with the Pure Platinum Powder.

I dry fit the Piccolos on the tag to decide which areas would get a tiny glitter dot accent. And because the Ultra Thick Clear Powder enhances the coloration behind it, I used that to emboss those areas.

Glastique was used to attach every thing. After the tag dried, I added a bit of bright blue tulle ribbon as a hanger.

The first thing a little buddy said to me when he saw it was "It's a Frozen tag". I'm taking that as a major accomplishment - when you can impress a 5 year old - you got it going on.


2 comments:

Angi MakingMayhem said...

What a pretty tag! And, yes, Frozen, came to mind in my house, too. We love the color scheme! ;)

Sandy Fredrick said...

Wonderful tag, I love how you used the stencil and the frame and snowflake are beautiful accents.