Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

Pretty Parshallville


Hi! It's Candy and I am back to share another post for Globecraft & Piccolo.

The design team is starting a new concept this month with challenge pages. For June, we were asked to create a 12x12 scrapbook layout using a stencil or stamp with embossing powders. I was excited to give it a try ...

I used some old paper from We R Memory Keepers on this layout.

I started with a piece of photo paper that had lots of circles cut out of it (it was saved from the circular file by a friend) as my stencil. A plastic stencil would work the same.

I taped the edges off of the paper to help hold it in place and then covered the area I wanted to use with Piccolo Embossing Powder Adhesive. 


Then, I removed the stencil and applied Vintage Copper Embossing Powder.

Once that was done, I did the other corner so it looked like this ...


Next, I added some stamped images with Black Soot Distress Ink ...


Then, I added the photos, title and embellishments.


For the journaling block, I used the Square Tag Bezel and coated it with Vintage Copper Embossing Powder. I wanted to show you what a difference multiple coats of embossing powder makes. Here is the tag with one coat of powder ...


And after the second coat ...


And after the third coat ...


Notice how much more depth it has ... in addition to being smoother and completely covered. At this point, it really does look like metal, but it has the weight of bookboard. Cool, eh!

You can write on top of these embossing powders if you use a pen made for photos or slick surfaces. I used the Zig Photo Writer.

Here is the completed page ...


Visit my blog for more tips and ideas using Globecraft & Piccolo products.

2 comments:

andrea said...

Very nice layout Candy! Love the idea of re-using an item to serve another purpose.

Kaye said...

Very nice, Candy! Relly a nice layout.