Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Parchment Crafting with Guest Designer Donna K

Hello again friends!
I'm back for week two of my guest posting gig with SweetStamps.
The challenge this week is "parchment" and let me tell you I am NEW to parchment technique.
I hope it doesn't show too much in my card that this was my first real experience with this beautiful technique.  
I chose soft pinks and grays for my card colors. I used a clear ink and a white embossing powder onto the vellum using the beautiful Parisian Bouquet stamp from SweetStamps. 
Once I heated the embossing powder the image showed up just lovely and I was pretty proud of myself for even trying this technique.  
I hope you'll give this technique and challenge a try too... I mean, why not, right?
I'm so tickled to be here with the gang at SweetStamps...thanks for having me again for another week!
~Donna K - 
Created by Donna K

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this card. I wouldn't have known you were "new" to parchment if you hadn't said it. Congrats!

ScrapYourWorld said...

oh wow, this worked out so beautiful Donna!! Love the color combo, the ribbon and buttons, and of course the parchment stamped piece! You can conquer anything!!!
paula

~ Kendra ~ said...

LOVELY design!! Love the softness of your card! Your parchment card is wonderful!!

TeresaK said...

This is such a sweet card, Donna! That stamp is BEAUTIFUL! I love this new technique - and I bet it won't be the last time you use this method!
Teresa K
www.CreateEnjoyShare.blogspot.com

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

so very beautiful and soft!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the Pink and Gray colors- and the image embossed on the vellum is fabulous!!! Beautiful!

Jacqueline L. Challiss Hill said...

Beautiful card. Love the soft colors. Thanks for joining us this week as guest designer at SweetStamps.

Kimberly said...

Isn't it fun to try something new? This technique is amazing and you did a fabulous job with it!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Beautiful design, love the parchment work on the Parisian Bouquet, the lacy ribbon, little button and the polka dots on the plaid paper.