Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Embossing butterflies and natural background

Pin It!
Hello Friends!  Heather here with my second post for Globecraft and Piccolo. This month we were challenged to come up with some creative backgrounds. So on this project I decided to do some freehand brush work and use a couple stamps.


Heather Hudson
My Artistic Adventures
Supplies:

Directions:

    Step 1:  I took a piece of scrapbook paper that I thought would go well with the embossing powders that I chose.  I placed an acrylic block on the page and traced it with a pencil.  I drew some leaves and scallops to create a frame look.


    Step 2:  I used the filbert brush and the G&P Embossing Adhesive to brush in the leaves.


    Step 3:  I applied the Shamrock Dreams embossing powder.


    Step 4:  I used the same brush and filled in the rest of the leaves as above.  I then used the same brush to apply the embossing medium to the scallops.  I applied Ruby Red Slipper embossing powder to the scallops.


    Step 5:  I used the filbert brush again, and created some freehand comma strokes around the leaves, then used the the Victorian Bronze embossing powder.


    Step 6:   I used the liner brush and outlined the square that I originally traced with the embossing medium.  I also just applied a few lines on the rest of the page.  Then applied the Victorian Bronze embossing powder.


    Step 7:  I used my finger and applied random splotches of embossing adhesive through out the page, and added more Victorian Bronze embossing powder. 


    Step 8:  I used a couple stamps that I bought at a yardsale a few years back, applied embossing medium to them and stamped them in the corners and randomly on the page.  I applied the Ruby Red Slippers embossing powder to these.


    Step 9:   I found the Fair Maiden and Butterfly images at Gecko Galz, printed them and cut them out to fit in my frame. I inked the edges of the Maiden image with Ranger's Vintage photo.  I then used the Glastique to adhere my image, butterflies, lace and text box embellishments.  I used the Globecraft and Piccolo embossing adhesive around the edges of the butterflies and applied the Victorian Bronze Embossing powder.  Used my Heat it tool to heat set it.


    Step 10:  I inked the edges of my text boxes with Ranger's Vintage photo and placed them randomly on my page.  I also added some Juliet lace and pink flat-back pearls, to give my page a vintage feel.


    Step 11:  I used the filbert brush again with the embossing medium to place brushwork leaves through out my page.  I used the Shamrock Dreams embossing powder on my leaves.


    Another look at the finished page.


    Close up of a butterfly.


    Another Close up of a butterfly.


    A close up of my main focal image.


    I will be sharing my post with 

    I hope you enjoyed my tutorial, and that it inspires you to get out your embossing powders and have fun creating!

    Thank you for stopping by!

    Hugs!

    If you have any questions, or would like to see some other projects I have created feel free to visit my blog.

    Heather 


    8 comments:

    Carol S said...

    Lovely background!

    Christi Conley said...

    I love the way you framed that image - it's beautiful!

    Jess said...

    This is beautiful! Love the frame!

    Chrissy said...

    Beautiful project and fabulous tutorial Heather, I love the butterflies, so beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Rea said...

    Pretty layout, I saw it at MIM.

    Faye's Paper Passion said...

    Fabulous card and embossing Heather. I spotted this on MIM. Faye

    Elena said...

    It's so cute! I saw it on Make it Monday.

    Jackie W said...

    Gorgeous card! Love the background and tutorial! You're a very good drawer! :) Thanks for showing on MIM!
    Jackie
    SchoolinandScrappin