Pages

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Chalkboard Technique with Guest Designer Donna K

Hello again from Eastern, NC!
Donna K here with another SweetStamps "challenge" project for you this week.
The challenge is.... Chalkboard Technique and let me tell you... I LOVE this technique.
I think it's "vintage-y" and nostalgic and just plain pretty! 
You MUST give it a try and be sure to link up your card with this month's SweetStamps technique challenge!
I used a corrugated card base that is quite large at 5.5" X 5.5", but it provided me with lots of space to feature the lovely stamped Parisian Bouquet image.

I stamped the image using white craft ink.  I inked the stamp pretty heavily to be sure it looked "chalky" once it dried.  After it dried I used white colored pencils to draw around the distressed edges of the black paper to give it more of that chalkboard feel.  Are you feeling it?!

I hope you enjoy my project as much as I enjoyed creating it. 

Thank you again to Sweet Stamps and their lovely, talented crew for having me this week!

~Donna K -- Created by Donna K

PS... you can pick up this lovely Parisian Bouquet stamp HERE.

5 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Your card is just amazing!!! I love the image and the pretty layout. Your DP is beautiful and love the button!

~ Kendra ~ said...

WOW!! How pretty, love all the elements!!

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love your card with all the wonderful vintage elements. Awesome design!!

simply monica said...

Gorgeous card love all the added elements

Stacey Adams, SweetStamps.com said...

Love all the elements of this card! So many fun textures and patterns - gorgeous! I love the parisian bouquet, it really looks good with this technique!