Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Making classic cards for Easter



Hello! Tracy here with a floral Easter card tutorial!

When I was young my mother would always encourage my brother and I to do something artistic as gifts for the holidays. We would collect papers, catalogs and ribbons for cards and paper ornaments, trying to match each gift to the person we were giving it to. While the years have passed and our lives grown more hectic I still love to make cards for the holidays. So when my mother asked me if once again I would help with making cards for Easter I was more than happy to. Here is one of the classic themed cards I made.


Tracy Alden
Art Resurrected
Supplies:
Carefully remove the Piccolos from the chipboard frame. Remove the large cross and frame. Save the two small crosses for future projects. Apply Piccolo Enamel Adhesive to the cross and frame pieces. Coat the cross with 24K Gold Embossing Powder and the frame with Shamrock Dreams Embossing Powder; heat to set.


Carefully cut the linen print card stock to fit on the front of the card. Cut the green card stock to fit the frame coated in enamel powder.


Taking the brown and green dye ink pads, rub them on the linen and green card stock lightly on the edges.


Adhere the frame to the green card stock with Glastique Matte Finishing Glaze, then adhere to the linen card stock.


Adhere the cross to the middle of the frame with Glastique Matte. If you notice the cross curling upward just place a heavy book on top of the card to dry flat.


Apply the green sticker gems to the cross with Glastique Matte and let dry.


Apply Glastique Matte to the top left and lower right corners of the frame and place the paper flowers on top.


Stamp or write your favorite Easter sentiment inside. :)

Jump on over to my blog Art Resurrected for an Inspire Art pin tutorial!


Until next time, safe travels!



5 comments:

Candy Spiegel said...

This is beautiful!

Mae Lewis said...

Absolutely stunning!

linda said...

Very pretty card. Really like that Shamrock Dreams green. What a wonderful hobby to share with mom.

Pat Secrist said...

That looks really incredible!

Art Resurrected said...

Thank you everyone for the kind words. :) I think my mother has the card making "fever". She enjoyed making the cards so much she wants to make more. :)