Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Gearing up for something rusty


I love the look of rust. Something about its rich, aged look really appeals to me. It should be no surprise then that I am in love with the new Real Rust Embossing Powder from G&P. This stuff looks like the real deal folks! I used some to create a steampunk/vintage pendant that I can't wait to wear!  


Rebecca Price
Distress to Impress!

Supplies:

I began by coating a G&P Gear Charm with G&P Mars Black 3D Enamel Gel, and setting it aside to begin drying.




Then I prepared the key charm and gear shapes for heat embossing by coating them with G&P Enamel Powder Adhesive. This is an essential for any embossing fans. Application is so easy!



The next step was applying the G&P Real Rust Enamel Powder. Like all of G&P's other  powders, you need to shake the jar very well before using. There are several different materials inside the powders that mix to make amazing results! I used my heat gun to set the pieces.



Once they  were cool, I placed them onto the gear charm by just gently pressing them into the 3D Enamel Gel. Since it wasn't completely dry, the gel acted as an adhesive. I used G&P Glastique to adhere anything that wouldn't stick.


The final step was covering  the entire piece with G&P Glastique and setting it aside to dry. This process does take time, around 7-8 hours, but the end result is a beautiful glossy pendant!



To see another great G&P Real Rust Enamel Powder project, head over to my blog Distress to Impress!




3 comments:

linda-neff.com said...

Oooooh! Love that rusty look!

apieceoflifespie.com said...

this is really cool and the rust is just soo cool!

Robin Horasanian said...

I heated mine too long and the finish became glossy. Since rust is never smooth I decided to fix it. I brushed matte finish PPA on it and sprinkled it with sand. The beautiful color from the EP is still there but now the texture is right, too!