Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Home Decor Meets Enamel Powders

Good morning, Steph here.

Working with Globecraft Memories products is a fun experience especially when you can create so many different projects. I had this wooden letter in my studio and thought I'd play around and see what I could create.



I began by first covering the letter with Piccolo Adhesive and then covering it with Mermaid Tears.


Next, I pounced some Adhesive around the letter and added some Enchanted Aubergine. When the powders melted, they blended together nicely.


Because the Adhesive could not fit in the smaller areas, I put the Adhesive on a foam brush and then used the foam brush to apply the Adhesive to the smaller areas. Worked ike a charm! The powders held fast and look great. I carefully added Adhesive around the edges of the letter and then applied Vintage Silver.

Once finished, I added a flower with Glue Dots to the top of the letter. Then I added clear rhinestones around the letter. Because they didn't show up too well, I "painted" them with Clearsnap Gold Lame Smooch and added 24K on top. Once heat set, the rhinestones really took on a life of their own.



Globecraft Memories Supplies:
Enchanted Aubergine
Vintage Silver
Mermaid Tears Powder
Other Supplies:
Making Memories Wood Letter
Clearsnap Smooch Ink - Gold Lame
Want2Scrap Rhinestones
Prima Flower
Glue Dots


2 comments:

linda-neff.com said...

Nice job Steph! The colors are gorgeous!

Michelle said...

I love working with the powders Steph, and my favorite is the Mermaid tears. I would love to alter a letter.